ADWFW’17 Register Now!
Come, be a part of this grand celebration that’s about to take the fashion world by storm!
Eligibility & Rules and Regulation
- You may participate in Asian Designer Week as NEWGEN OR NEXTGEN ASIAN DESIGNER.
- NEWGEN ASIAN DESIGNER: If you are a designer applying to be part of this program, you must have your own label or have been in business under one designer label name for minimum 3 Years for National / International Designer.
- NEXTGEN ASIAN DESIGNER: There are two sub-categories under NextGen Asian Designer - Fashionpreneurs (Young Label) and Fresh Talent (Fashion Students).
- Fashion designers who have recently launched their labels or still striving to stabilize their labels / brands would come under the NEXTGEN FASHIONPRENEURS category.
- Fashion students who are in the final year of the course or recently passed out from a reputed fashion institute or working as trainee/intern under an experienced fashion designer nationally or internationally would fall under the NEXTGEN FRESH TALENT category.
- To qualify, all designer applicants must present credentials and designs under WINTER FESTIVAL 2017 and submit Portfolio.
- All applications for ‘ASIAN DESIGNERS’ are screened and examined by the ADW JURY PANEL.
- The panel comprises of leading Fashion Journalists, Leading Fashion Designers, Fashion Institute Faculties / Directors.
- The panel would make the final selection based on the portfolio’s quality, creativity, clarity, innovation and originality.
- All the selected designers for ‘Asian Designer’ will be informed by TUESDAY, 20 JUNE, 2017. Please refer to selection process for more details.
Important Dates and Selection Process
- The last date for sending your ‘ASIAN DESIGNER’ Phase-1 application is Thursday, 15th June 2017.
- All applicants who wish to apply for ‘ASIAN DESIGNER’ program must fill the online registration form or send their Portfolio/LookBook at email@example.com
- Please do not submit your garment samples unless requested to do so.
- Kindly note the last date for submission of the Phase -1 form is Thursday, 15th June 2017.
- Once an applicant has completed the application form and submitted the required portfolio, this will be reviewed and the selected ones will be notified by email / phone.
- Once the designer has been selected they may be called for Personal Interview (if required).
- The final list of selected Asian Designers for Phase -1 will be announced on MONDAY, 20 June, 2017.
Application Guidance Notes
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF SKETCHES & PICTURES
- Pictures of samples should be taken on professional quality female models or on suitable mannequins.
- The location, setting and background for pictures should be planned according to the theme of the collection.
- Pictures of the samples on a model or mannequin should be styled appropriately and should indicate the right placement of an accessory used.
- In-case collection carries separates like trousers, tops or jackets, the pictures should clearly indicate the complete look.
- Designers should provide high quality sketches and photographs in PDF/PNG/JPEG format. All files should be zipped in a folder and then upload in a single zip or rar file. The file should not exceed more than 10MB.
- Designers should strictly follow ADW season 5 – WINTER FESTIVAL 2017.
- Designers should submit their original work and avoid any attempt towards plagiarism.
- Any kind of inspiration used in the theme/collection should be explicitly mentioned.
- The two samples should clearly highlight the theme of the collection.
- The two samples submitted by the designer must be stitched and finished to the best quality.
- Designers are requested to provide references / recommendations from two industry based professionals in the presentation. A designer can look at a buyer/ an established designer/ media journalist / previous employee or a senior college professor as a relevant referee.
- Designers should mention all recognition/achievements till date in a chronological order in the write up.
Evaluation Criteria for Final Selection
- Originality of Concept & Innovation in Design– How creative and unique is the theme/concept/elements of the proposed collection for ADW and the design philosophy of the label?
- Craftsmanship- What is the level of quality of the tailoring, detailing and finishing of the samples submitted?
- Design Aesthetics- Balance of colors, patterns, prints or embroideries used in the proposed collection.
- Clarity of Vision- What is the level of clarity behind the design philosophy of the label, theme of the proposed collection and execution through the samples submitted?
Asian Designer Week Inquiry Form